Twisted Todd

Posts from August 2012

SLAVEDRIVER got to spread our wings and reach out to the lower country of the state on Saturday.  We loaded up the trailer at 10 am then set out for the beach while my mom stayed at our house to tend to Vader since he had his balls cut off two days before!

When we got to the beach, we checked into the room we were staying in with Tessa's grandmother and Aunt Cheryl then walked down to the Sound Hole to load in our gear and backline the outdoor stage.

After load in, Tessa and I grabbed an early dinner with her grandmother and Aunt Cheryl so my stomach would have time to process the meal before we hit the stage.

When we got back, the first of eight bands had kicked off the Splatter Magazine Rebirth Party.  A few hours later, we hit the outdoor stage following a killer set from ANNABELL LEIGH!


There wasn't a lot of people at the show and we didn't sell a single piece of merch, but we had a good time playing and hung out a bit later that night before retiring.

The next day after checking out, Tessa and I went to pick up our singer Al and his wife Michelle from my cousin Tonya's apartment and headed back towards Greenville.

We stopped in Conway for lunch with an old college friend of mine named Jessica since we hadn't seen each other in over a decade!


We made just one more stop before getting back to Greenville and that was our obligatory stop at Sparky's for some chocolate covered pecans!

SLAVEDRIVER has only one more show left for the year and that will be September 28th at Ground Zero in Spartanburg!  Of course the Planet's Birthday Bash (the Rockstar Energy Drink Uproar Festival) is just a week away on Wednesday, September 5th!  Next week will be CRAZY!!!!
 (0) Comments

I am pleased to report that I was able to mow my lawn after work last Tuesday.  Unfortunately, it is already time to mow the backyard again!  Wow it grows fast!

Anyways, I took some time off on Friday so Tessa and I could head up to Carowinds and get a much needed break from moving, packing and unpacking.  Having not gotten a lot of sleep the night before, my usual thrill-seeking game face was not fully functioning so I ended up chickening out of the new ride I came to try, the WindSeeker.  Although we rode more intense rides like the Intimidator and Afterburn, I still never mustered up the courage to sit my ass on a swingset that lifts 300 feet in the air with nothing below you.  The sad part is that I have ridden coasters that were taller (like the Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion in Virginia) but just could not get myself up to the challenge.

We ended up only staying for four hours or so because I had to make it back for band practice since we have a show at Myrtle Beach this weekend.  I meant to go out to Gottrocks after practice to support some fellow local bands but I was just too pooped.

The next day I got up and at 'em early so I could get my oil changed at Big O Dodge then hit up Borderlands Comics to spend my $25 gift certificate that Rob, the store owner was so gracious to give me for my birthday.  I broke down and got the limited edition Incredible Hulk bust since I had been eyeballing it for some time.

Feeling a bit guilty for blowing money, I did what any rational human being would do....spend MORE money!  I went to Best Buy to pick Tessa up a copy of The Hunger Games on blu-ray.  Being the packaging geek that I am, I had to pick up the Collector's Edition and I also nabbed a couple of PS3 games as well.

After Best Buy, I went by the apartment to pick up a few more things to take to the house then I met up with my fellow bass playing friend Brian to give him the hoodie he let Tessa borrow the night her car got broke into outside of Ground Zero.  I also picked up one of those eco toilet flushers from him that reduces the amount of water used when you flush a pee pee.  Ha!

When I got home, I unloaded the car and installed the new flusher in the main bathroom then texted Tessa's grandmother so that she and Aunt Cheryl could surprise Tessa with a homemade low country boil prepared at our new home.  Her grandmother totally one-upped me by bringing Tessa a brand new Kitchenaid stand mixer - the fancy kind you see on TV cooking shows like Cupcake Wars and such!  So, needless to say, Tessa was quite overwhelmed when she got home from work!

The next morning, Tessa and I got up a little early to straighten up the house a bit as we were expecting someone from the FootHills Golden Retriever Rescue to arrive and see how our Boston Terrier interacted with a Golden Retriever since we are considering adopting a playmate for Vader.  The retriever was a bit annoyed with the rambunctious terrier but they seemed to get along better once outside in the backyard.  Max, the retriever, even managed to find a vulnerable spot in our soaked yard and unleashed a muddy patch we were not aware of.  Needless to say, we got good use out of our new garden hose!

We took it easy the rest of the day.  Well, at least until Tessa had to leave for work.  I made up for some lost time by watching a handful of Monk episodes then crashed early.  Now time to mow the lawn....AGAIN!!!!
 (2) Comments
Tags :  
Topics: Hospitality_Recreation
Locations: Virginia

Well the adventure of moving into the new house continues and it is filled with many perils!  In the two weeks since we closed the house, I have been unable to mow the lawn for numerous reasons.  The first of which is that the lawn mower we got from Tessa's grandmother we could not get to crank so I went last week to purchase a new one from Lowe's and had them add it to the delivery with the washer and dryer scheduled to arrive that Friday.

On Friday morning, I was awakened at 7:30 by the arrival of our new living room suit I had purchased (or financed, rather - after all, I work in RADIO!!!!) at Rooms To Go the week before.  The gentlemen delivering the furniture had it set up and ready when Tessa got home after working all night so she climbed up in the big swivel chair and passed OUT!  Vader didn't mind it either!

After I left for work, the Lowe's truck arrived with the lawn mower, washer and dryer and had the latter set up and ready so that I could wash clothes this weekend.  The lawn mower was left in the box for me to assemble later.

On Saturday, Tessa and I went up to Rutherford County to move a couple of bedroom suits and other various things of hers from her mother's house.  We were scheduled to pick up a Budget truck in Forest City at 9 am so we called them after we got on the road to let them know we would arrive around 10.  Once Tessa got them on the phone, they informed her that a truck had been stolen and that they did not have a truck for us so she called the national number and one of their customer service reps told her that they would locate a truck and call her back.

Once we got to her mother's house, she got a call informing her that they had located a truck in Spartanburg.  So we had to get back on the road and go halfway back home to pick the truck up.  On a positive note, we got a free upgrade from a 10' truck to a 16' truck which, as it turns out, we needed!  I left my Jeep at the pickup site so I wouldn't have to drive back to NC and we could pick it up on the way home.

When we got the truck back to her mom's house, I was pleased to see that her mom had enlisted the help of another strong arm by the name of Daniel which was a godsend since we had to move some very heavy items up a hill since Tessa lived downstairs on the basement level.

After we finally got the truck loaded, her mom took us out for a late lunch and then we went by to see her grandfather at the nursing home before heading back to SC.

When we got back on the road, I called my mom to let her know we were on the way so she, her fiance and my Aunt Pat could help us load in.  When we got to the house, Mom informed me that her fiance Mark had bailed leaving Tessa and me to do all the heavy lifting while Mom and Aunt Pat unloaded smaller loads and helped put things together and in place as well as gave them a much needed dusting.

After unloading the truck, Tessa and I still had to run by the apartment and get all the heavy and larger items in the truck to take to the house.

After grabbing some food and making a quick stop by the House in Simpsonville, we got the truck dropped off in Mauldin at 1:30 am!

After getting a handful of hours of sleep, we got up and went to church to do our monthly duties there then hit the grocery store to grab some 'high efficiency' laundry detergent since the new washer calls for it.  Mom and Aunt Pat met us at the house to do some work around the house and in the yard.  It was at this point that I decided to set up the lawn mower and cut the grass.  I got the mower out of the box, adjusted the handle, put gas and oil in it, then went to pull the cord on the motor only to realize that it was dented in and wouldn't budge.

Extremely irate, I loaded the mower into my Jeep then took it back to the Lowe's on Woodruff Rd to exchange it for one that wasn't beat all to hell only to discover that they did not have any more.  The sales associate from the lawn and garden department told me that the Simpsonville store had some in stock according to their inventory records so I drove down to Simpsonville only to find that those were actually in transit on their way to the store.  So, on Monday morning I called the Lowe's in Simpsonville to see if the mowers had arrived and, thankfully, they had so I went down there to pick one up and took it home before going to work.

After work, I went straight home to mow the lawn while I still had an hour or so of daylight left.  During the day, Tessa informed me that the other garage door opener had arrived since we had only had one and I left it with Tessa.  So Tessa placed it on a table in the kitchen for me to get when I arrived home to cut the grass.  So, I pulled up in the driveway and went to unlock the front door only to discover that Tessa had left the chain lock on it as she went out through the garage.  So, I spent the last bit of daylight driving up to North Greenville Hospital to get her garage door opener so I could get in the house.

And the grass continues to grow....
 (0) Comments
Tags :  
Locations: Rutherford County

That title has a duel meaning since Tessa closed her house last Tuesday and I had my 36th birthday show at The House in Simpsonville.  On Saturday, Tessa and I did all we could to try and get some stuff moved over to the new house so that my best friend Kenny and my old roommate Troy could crash there after the show since they were driving up from Atlanta.  Needless to say we mostly just moved some mattresses but I had to send Tessa up to Spartanburg to borrow a truck and trailer from her grandmother.  While she was on her way, I ran some stuff to the house only to discover that we had no running water.  In all the insanity of getting things taken care of for the new house, Tessa forgot to have the water switched over in her name.  She was quite distraught over this but I told her not to worry and that we would make it work and, lo and behold, we did!

The show turned out great as I got to see some folks I had not seen in a while as did Kenny and Troy since they don't get to make it back to Greenville very often.  THERMOSTAT kicked the show off followed by Kenny and Troy pulling off a two-piece version of their band STRANGE PLANET since their bassist wasn't able to make the show.  Me and the boys in SLAVEDRIVER took it home and nabbed Kenny to join us halfway through our set for a cover of BLACK SABBATH's "Paranoid" since Kenny, our drummer Ray and I used to play that song back in our very first band FEAR THE GHOST.

I was shocked at how well the song turned out since we had not rehearsed the song with Kenny since he had just arrived in town before the show started!  The rest of the set went great then we had to pack up and get Ray outta there since he had to work first thing in the morning.

When it was all said and done, Kenny and Troy followed me back to the new house in Mauldin to grab a few hours of sleep before we all had to get back on the road.  I went to the band room to help Ray and Moon unload after Ray finished his brief morning shift at work then I picked up Tessa from the apartment and went to meet up with my family for Sunday birthday brunch at Coach House (that makes a THIRD 'house'!) in Simpsonville.

After brunch, Tessa and I went shopping for a new washer and dryer at Lowes, some bedsheets at Bed Bath & Beyond where we also registered for some housewarming gifts and a suit at Dillards for me to wear on the cruise for the formal evening next month.  THEN we had to head up to Spartanburg for another birthday dinner at Kanpai of Tokyo with her grandmother and Aunt Cheryl who was also celebrating a birthday!

So, did I have a happy birthday?  YES!  Did I get any rest?  HELL NO!!!!
 (0) Comments
Tags :  
Locations: AtlantaSimpsonville
People: KennyTroy

FM_social_icons facebook twitter app Instagram
advertise with us
Recent Posts
Blog Tag Cloud
No Tags Found !